TVLA MWANZA IN A NUTSHELL
TVLA-Mwanza is a government executive agency center under the Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries working for the sustainable development of livestock sector through animal disease surveillance and diagnostic services, vaccine services, research and training, technological packages and services to stakeholders in the Lake zone of Tanzania.
TVLA Mwanza centre is located at Isamilo Street, Mifugo Road in Mwanza City. The Center serves three Lake Zone regions namely Mwanza, Geita and Kagera
Lake Zone borders four East African Countries; in the Northern part borders Kenya and Uganda and in the West it borders Rwanda and Burundi, hence a hotspot for animal diseases entry in the country.
- Pathology section
- Parasitology and Helminthology section
- Bacteriology section
- Virology and Serology section
- Molecular biology section (Real Time PCR)
- Animal feeds section
- Animal diseases surveillance and diagnostic services
- Animal diseases research, training and consultation
- Livestock vaccine sales and trials
- Animal feeds analysis
“To attain high level of excellence in provision of quality veterinary diagnostic services, animal disease surveillance and research, vaccines production and sales and animal feed analysis”.
To develop and provide cost effective and quality veterinary surveillance and diagnostic services, veterinary vaccines services, research, technological packages and services to stakeholders to enhance sustainable livestock productivity, food safety, security and national economy.
- To strengthen surveillance and diagnostic services.
- To market appropriate technological packages, vaccines and biological.
- To strengthen research and training.
EXPECTED OUTPUTS AND OUTCOMES:
- More animal disease surveillance, diagnosis and research are conducted
- Vaccines and biologicals in the market
- Capacity to control disease outbreak of trans-boundary nature, notifiable and zoonotic
- Quality standards are followed in the laboratory
- Quality diagnostic services are provided to our customers.
Tel: +255 28 2501137
Fax: +255 28 2500675
P. O. Box: 129 Mwanza, Tanzania